PeaZip is free software released under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License v3.
PeaZip acts as a graphical front-end, localized in more than 20 languages, for numerous third-party open source or royalty-free utilities, including:
- Igor Pavlov's 7-Zip executable and Myspace's POSIX port of 7z under Linux
- Bulat Ziganshin's FreeArc archiver (to not be confused with SEA's ARC)
- PAQ8, ZPAQ and LPAQ executables, maintained by Matt Mahoney and various contributors
- Ilia Muraviev's QUAD and BALZ compressors
- GNU strip and UPX
- UNACEV2.DLL 184.108.40.206 (royalty-free UNACEV2.DLL license) and UNACE for Linux (royalty-free UNACE for Linux license), maintained by Marcel Lemke, ACE Compression Software, which is packaged as external plugin due to its closed source nature.
PeaZip allows to apply powerful multiple search filters to archive's content; create and extract multiple archives at once; create self-extracting archives; export job definition as command line; save archive's layouts; use custom compressors and extractors; bookmark archives and folders; scan and open with custom applications compressed and uncompressed files etc...
Other features: strong encryption, robust file copy, split/join files (file span), secure data deletion, compare, checksum and hash files, system benchmark, generate random passwords and keyfiles.
Full support: 7Z, 7z-sfx, FreeArc's ARC/WRC, BZ2, GZ, PAQ (PAQ8*, LPAQ*, ZPAQ), PEA, QUAD/BALZ, split (.001), TAR, WIM, XZ, ZIP.
Browse/test/extract support: ACE, ARJ, CAB, CHM, COMPOUND files (MSI, DOC, PPT, XLS...), CPIO, DEB, ISO CD/DVD images, JAR/EAR/WAR, LZMA, LZH, NSIS installers, OpenOffice file types, PET/PUP (Puppy Linux installers), PAK/PK3/PK4, RAR, RPM, U3P, WIM, XPI, Z, ZIPX and may others
Repair: FreeArc's ARC